Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspiration

As every one knows I have had a goal to get back to below my pre-pregnancy weight this year. My ultimate goal is 150-160. Right now I am at 198. I am not ashamed to say that because at my highest while pregnant with Mary I was 240. So, all in all I have lost a good amount of weight. Last night I watched a dear friend of ours on Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition. His name is James Garrison. Now, most people would brush him off with out a thought by seeing the old him. He got up to 700 pounds. This man is one of the most amazing people I could know. He has a heart of gold and is one big teddy bear. At the conclusion of the show he had lost a total of 313 pounds and has lost more since the final taping. I can not explain in words how proud I am of this man. Within minutes of the show starting he had me crying. Now as far as my goal to lose the weight I want, I only want to lose 48 more pounds at the most. I have not worked out at all.. Why you ask? I am full of excuses. Chock full of them I am telling you. I now have all the time I need to work out as I am a SAHM. It is time for me to get off my big ole booty (and it is a big one) and actually work towards my goal instead of just bitching about it. Most people after watching a show like this or The Biggest Loser say they are inspired then really don't do anything about it. I will strive to NOT be one of those people. This definitely hit me differently knowing this man. I am proud to call him a friend. That is all for now. Hope all of you got to watch the show, if not, it is on Hulu and ABC Go. Take a peak and get some inspiration of your own!
James Transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment